Monday, July 14, 2014

Homeschool Books that have helped me along the way

My List of Homeschooling books

1. So You're Thinking About Homeschooling , By Lisa Whelchel
This book was great because it showed me how different families homeschool. It also showed me that there was lots of ways to homeschool.


2. The Homeschooling Handbook, By Mary Griffith
This was a good book for me, it showed different ways to homeschool, legal stuff, it answers questions you may have.

These two were great beginning Homeschool books.

3. The Spiritual Power of A Mother, By Michael P. Farris 
I loved this book. It really build up my confidence and reaffirmed that I am doing what is right for my children and how important my role in their life is.

4. A Biblical Home Education, By Ruth Beechick
This helped so much, especially this year. It showed me how important it is to implement the bible in our homeschool and how important it is to watch what we are teaching our children.

5.A Charlotte Mason Education , By Catherine Levison  
I love Charlotte Mason's Methods, we use some of them. This is a great overview of her methods and how the author uses them.

6.  101 Top Picks for Homeschool Curriculum, Cathy Duffy
Gives you lots of information on lots of different curriculum. A good starter book on homeschool curriculum.

I also love the books the Duggar family has put out. I use them as inspiration, I figure if a mom of 19 can do this mom of 3 can :)



I am not getting paid by any of these authors or anyone associated with them. I simply found these books helpful and enjoyed reading them.

Today's tip: Reading and researching are important and helpful, but prayer is vital in your journey.

I will add to this list as I go, and if you have some suggestions please leave them in the comments. I am working on a list of websites I have found helpful so stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment