Monday, June 30, 2014

Yes we are still homeschooling

In my last post I explained why we started homeschooling, now I will let you in on why we still homeschool and why we pulled our other two out of public school.

With Trucker we pulled him out the last half of his Senior year. What! You must be thinking. I don't know why, but Trucker decided to stop doing his schoolwork. And the school said he would have to go across town to take night classes. Well I was not having that, so we pulled him out and had him finish his schoolwork at home and he graduated in September of 2011.

With Gamer he was doing awesome in school on honor roll all year, he went to kn. and first in public school. He had great teachers. It was a good school. But I knew I could do more for him at home. I wanted him to learn and grow and enjoy doing it. Most of all I wanted him to grow through the Lord. At school he was learning everything but about the Lord. He would come home upset over stuff that his friends were putting in his head. And yes we were going to church and he was attending Sunday school, but 5 days a week his mind, heart and soul was getting feed by people I didn't even know!

I missed him and I knew I wanted to bring him home. So I went to the Lord and prayed. And so we started 2nd grade with Gamer. He loved it! So that year I was homeschooling Jag a Junior, Trucker a Senior and Gamer a 2nd grader. I wont lie to you it was rough, but I wouldn't trade it for the world!


That brings us to now I only have Gamer left. He is going into 5th grade this year and we are very excited.

Tip #4: You know your children, you know your family. Do what is right for your family.

2 Timothy 2:15 Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a workman who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment